Thursday, November 13, 2008

TANZANIA CULTURAL TOURISM SETS LONDON ON FIRE
sisi tambala traditional dance troupe dancer mesmerises visitors at the Tanzania pavillion
a visitors attemps the 'mugongomugungo' style with a sisi tambala dancer
visitors take to the floor to dig sindimba
Photos and story By Ayoub Mzee

Today at the excel exhibition centre in London , the Story of Tanzania has been laid bare as a land of ready smiles and incredible contrasts that beckons the visitor with a rich diversity of experiences.
It has also been laid bare as a fascinating and charming land of warm and friendly people. I sat there listening to the great men from Tanzania who were sent to sell their Country.
The story started from Tanzania being a country with the world’s most diverse ecosystem, squirrels, snakes that can glide through the air, pitcher plants and the countless species of flora and fauna yet to be discovered, to the story of underwater marine life and the untouched coral reefs to rich heritage and wilderness to modern city land scape .

Then Entered the Tanzania performing artists and dancers renown for their artistically intricicate beadwork around their bodies like the masai accompanied by Sisi Tambala band of fine musicians who sang in Swahili and some English . This set the whole house on fire.

I looked at the faces of the Tanzania team which had the expressions that reminded me of the words written by the great peot Simon Murray

"It was the first time I scored a goal.
The only time I scored a goal in Fact
I was never a striker but like all little boys ,
I dreamed of getting the winner in a big game.
Yet because I was tall and lanky I always seemed to be put
In defence ..I was first and quite Strong but I just didn’t look
like a footballer at that young gangly age.
So there I was , it was a corner , I think ,or id just wandered
Into the box. There were lots of players in front of me :a crowd.
And I was towards the back. This was before I had been diagnosed
with severe short sightedness .
I saw a blur of white approaching and I remember kind of falling ,
stumbling forward s. The ball came all the way through the crowd.
I poked out my leg. The solid leather ricochet off my shin and
the ball trickled into the back of the net.
No one else seemed to know what happened apart from ….it was a goal!
My one and only goal"

At the end of the day , as I was walking home , I could not stop thinking that
Who ever is in charge of the Tanzania Tourist board , he /she is doing a great job .
Well done this time .
You made us proud

No comments: